Allemansrätten, or the Right of Public Access, is one of the unique joys of Sweden. It allows anyone to roam freely in the countryside, swim and travel by boat in someone else’s waters and pick mushrooms and berries in the forest.

Sunday 14 August 2011

More critters (but less photos)........

Took a drive out to look at a couple of new lakes - Llussjon & Graningen. The lakes both looked fantastic, there was a chap in a float tube on Llussjon,


& Graningen reminded me of lakes I have fished in Canada,



As I drove through the forest on my way to Llussjon I looked into the trees & saw a cow moose & her calf,



After Llussjon a wolverine ran across the road in front of the car & finally, close to Graningen, I saw a big, furry, wobbly bum disappearing into the trees in front of the car, my first wild Swedish bear.  Unfortunately I didn't have a camera to hand so you'll have to take my word for it, Mrs Labrador is still not entirely convinced!


No comments:

Post a Comment