Allemansrätten, or the Right of Public Access, is one of the unique joys of Sweden. It allows anyone to roam freely in the countryside, swim and travel by boat in someone else’s waters and pick mushrooms and berries in the forest.

Saturday 16 October 2010

I thought I'd try poached trout!

Here I am, in my float tube at Simmesjon four days after the lake closed for fishing!

"It wasn't my fault your honour, the leaflet said it closed on the 15th & I only noticed the sign nailed to the tree when I got out"

I didn't catch anything but I was able to try out my new fins, a pair of diving fins I bought for £2.00 at Awsworth Car Boot Sale. Much better than the Caddis float tube fins I had been using & therefore to be recommended to all float tubers who are fed up with paddling like mad & going nowhere!

I did find a great lunch spot on the far side of Simmesjon, somewhere to sit & a place for a fire, just the place for a fugitive angler to chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment