Allemansrätten, or the Right of Public Access, is one of the unique joys of Sweden. It allows anyone to roam freely in the countryside, swim and travel by boat in someone else’s waters and pick mushrooms and berries in the forest.

Tuesday 21 December 2010

A musical interlude......

A bit off topic this, but I thought I'd share a photo of myself with the Beeston Big Band. I've played trombone with this fine group of musicians since 2003 & last April was asked to take over the musical direction. We held our Christmas concert last friday at the Boat & Horses in Beeston, the evening went down a storm with the band swinging through numbers from Glenn Miller & Count Basie. A big thankyou to everyone involved, my musical friends, our hosts at the Boat & Horses (where we rehearse), Tim Holyoake (the photographer) & of course our audience who helped us raise a few pounds for a local charity!

No comments:

Post a Comment