Allemansrätten, or the Right of Public Access, is one of the unique joys of Sweden. It allows anyone to roam freely in the countryside, swim and travel by boat in someone else’s waters and pick mushrooms and berries in the forest.

Sunday 17 July 2011

June 2011

I know, you can't believe just how imaginative I can be when I title a new post. What can I do, I'm middle aged, bald & according to the "Hairy Bikers", I'm a master "wok smuggler"!
Well, we've been back to Munch's Hideaway for another month of relaxing, fishing, wildlife watching & doing a few chores.
Being the spontaneous & exciting guy that I am, the first thing I did when I got there was to cut the grass, in my defence I find it relaxing after two & a half days driving & like most blokes I enjoy tinkering with machinery (aka the mower).

I remembered my salt-lick block this time &, as luck would have it, when I sited it at the bottom of the garden I found this on a small birch close to where I've put the block.


To me it looked like a Roe had been rubbing velvet from his antlers & had scored the bark.

I thought I'd check out a new fishing spot & took a drive out to Bergtjarn,


Cool!

I also fitted some kevlar skid plates to the "Nice Beaver". I decided to fit these as the canoe is there for anyone visiting Munch's Hideaway to use.


Not the easiest thing to do but, with lots of help from Mrs Labrador, & a blowtorch we got the plates fitted. Just need to take out some West System epoxy & filler powder next year to smooth out the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment