Allemansrätten, or the Right of Public Access, is one of the unique joys of Sweden. It allows anyone to roam freely in the countryside, swim and travel by boat in someone else’s waters and pick mushrooms and berries in the forest.

Monday 29 April 2019

Adventure & Overland Show 2019

Well, yesterday found me at Stratford on Avon Racecourse for the 2019 Adventure & Overland Show. Lots of cool vehicles with roof tents all set up for adventures to drool over although a bit disappointing as there were no where near as many exhibitors as I expected.

Wasn't expecting to see a Freelander 2 all set up for overland travel but here it is showing just what can be done with a "small" Landrover.


There were a few new roof tents on display, really liked this one although I don't think my credit card would have been so keen!


Thought I'd take a shot of this for my sister & brother-in-law, an overland ready Discovery!


One company was exhibiting South African manufactured expedition trailers, I do wonder how these would perform in some of the more technical off road situations.


Finally a picture for my good friend Simon who is currently working on a military lorry conversion (as well as a Defender 110).


Lots of cool stuff but sadly (due to circumstances beyond our control) too expensive at the moment, anyone know the going rate for a kidney? 😄

No comments:

Post a Comment