Allemansrätten, or the Right of Public Access, is one of the unique joys of Sweden. It allows anyone to roam freely in the countryside, swim and travel by boat in someone else’s waters and pick mushrooms and berries in the forest.

Sunday 15 May 2011

Norfolk pigeons

In my quest for reasonably priced pigeon shooting without the need for a load of quasi-feudal cap doffing etc. I've found another fantastic opportunity which I thought I'd share. My search started with e-bay, I placed a bid & found myself with a day's roost shooting for £20.00!


I popped down to Norfolk yesterday & found myself in a fantastic piece of Norfolk woodland (I'd forgotten just how magical a Norfolk sporting estate wood can be) waiting for pigeons to come flighting in.



Now, I hear you say, roost shooting is traditionally a winter pursuit carried out at dusk when there's no foliage to obscure your view. Well normally it is, but, if you like difficult & exciting snap shooting give it a try!

Did I see pigeons? Yes.

Did I get some shots? Yes I did.

Did I connect with any birds? Sadly no - I think I need a few sessions at clays again!

Will I go again? Yes, although I may wait until they are offering decoying days again on e-bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment