Allemansrätten, or the Right of Public Access, is one of the unique joys of Sweden. It allows anyone to roam freely in the countryside, swim and travel by boat in someone else’s waters and pick mushrooms and berries in the forest.

Friday 13 May 2011

Wedding Celebrations? Well not quite!

I must confess, although I live in the UK - a country that still has a constitutional monarchy - I have occasional republican leanings. It's only the thought of President Blair that reinforces my reluctant belief that the current status quo should be maintained.
Anyway, enough of that stuff because the Royal Wedding meant a bank holiday & a bank holiday means a trip to Sweden, the best of reasons to celebrate!

The snow had nearly gone (just a few patches where the sun hadn't got to), the sun was shining & I thought it was time I conquered my fear & got on the roof - just in case I need to fix anything up there.


The highlight of our weekend was a trip to Jarvzoo (well we have to use our season tickets). The day started out sunny but it soon started to snow. The wolves were out & obliged by standing close to the fence posing for photographs.


And their Brown Bear had given birth to a single cub during her winter hibernation (can you see it, look carefully). For those that have not seen sleeping bear cubs close up, they snore!



Can't wait for the next trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment