Allemansrätten, or the Right of Public Access, is one of the unique joys of Sweden. It allows anyone to roam freely in the countryside, swim and travel by boat in someone else’s waters and pick mushrooms and berries in the forest.

Monday 22 August 2011

Halsen......

a lake recommended to me by our friend Birger, a wild fish water that can & often does produce superb arctic char.
Mrs Labrador & I took a drive over to the lake to have a look,


it looked amazing, oozing "northern wilderness" from every surrounding tree. This is just the sort of water I love to fish so I returned with my Dad for a day's fishing. I fished from my float tube & Dad fished from the bank,


I only caught one perch (albeit a big one) on the fly & Dad unfortunately blanked - better luck next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment